Plumbing emergencies can happen at any time and to anyone. However, when you carry out regular maintenance, you could prevent some plumbing problems. But regular use and wear could cause issues. At that point, you can only do little or nothing to avoid them completely.
Some people think that they can handle all plumbing issues by themselves. But the truth remains that if you do not have experience in undertaking plumbing tasks, DIY tips could end up making the problems worse. You will not only need more time but also more money to resolve the issue than it would have cost if you took professional help.
Fortunately, companies like Armstong Bros Plumbing in Bradenton FL are available to solve plumbing problems both during the day and at night. So, if you live in Bradenton, this article is all about what you stand to gain from using this Bradenton Plumber.
What Services Does Armstrong Bros Plumbing Offer?
The company offers a wide range of commercial and residential plumbing. Some of their residential services are:
1. Pipelining and Coating
Pipelining is also known as cured-in-place pipe (CIPP). It is a safe solution to repairing existing pipelines. There are different CIPP installation technologies, but the structural epoxy piping method seems to be among the best. It fuses with the interior of your damaged pipe, making it as good as new. So, why spend more on fixing new pipes?
Whether the drain line is cracked, or corrosion buildup or root infiltration is affecting the flow of water through the pipes, CIPP can restore them. It is an efficient and cost-effective solution when compared with conventional re-piping. Jetting or snaking the sewer line could be a temporary solution, but CIPP offers a long-term fix.
You may want to visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cured-in-place_pipe to read more about CIPP.
Furthermore, the pipe coating involves restoring the pipe’s original diameter. This is done to restore the flow and ensure a smooth passage for optimum drainage. Additionally, the coating provides continuity especially at the places where pipes were joined. It seals the joints completely, eliminating further plumbing issues.
Sometimes, when there is a leak in a pipe, you can fix it with a minor repair on a particular section of the plumbing system. However, there are more serious issues that may require replacing all the pipes.
Some common reasons for re-piping are:
- If the house is over fifty years old and the pipes have never been replaced. Houses of this age have galvanized pipes installed in them. And such pipes corrode and burst when they become old.
- If the pressure at which water comes out of the faucets has reduced, the pipes could be closing up as a result of mineral buildup or rust. Minerals take a lot of time to buildup, so it might be an indication that the pipes are old and will require replacement soon.
- Some pipes could rust with time and change the color of water in your home. When you turn on the tap and it keeps supplying brown or reddish color water, re-piping becomes necessary.
- If you have experienced pipe leaks after a repair, then you can consider re-piping. It will save you the cost of continuous plumbing repairs. It will also save you water.
3. Installation of Water Filter for the Entire Building
A water filter for the entire building will filter the water supplied from the major source. The municipal treatment plant treats water with chemicals like chlorine. However, this chlorine stays inside the water. Before drinking it, you would do yourself some good to take it away.
As a result, it becomes essential to purchase a filter for the house or a softener, if the water in your area is hard. The company can help you to install the filter. The installation might be complex or simple, depending on the type of filter you purchase.
4. Detecting and Repairing Leaks
Moisture damage in homes is caused by several factors but leaks are the commonest causes. It can result in costly water bills and if you do not discover it early, the damages could be costly, too. Hence, if you notice or suspect leaks in the pipes, you can reach out to the company and they will help to stop them.
They will also assess the damages, if any was caused, thereby reducing your water bills to normal. They utilize recent technology to detect leakage. This ensures that no aspect of the plumbing system goes unchecked.
5. Repairing and Maintaining Septic Tanks
Replacing a septic tank is very costly. Thus, maintaining the one installed in your building is particularly important. Routine maintenance would save you the cost of undertaking expensive repairs. It would also help to keep your environment safe and healthy for living.
From the shower and toilet to the dishwasher and garbage disposal, everything that goes into the drain finds its way into the septic tank. Hence, you need to pay attention to the items you put in the drain. You can get a professional to inspect the septic tank every 3 to 5 years. Systems that have electrical or mechanical components might require an annual inspection.
You may want to check this website to find information on caring for your septic tank.
6. Cleaning of Clogged Drains
When water stops going down the drain, it can cause a bad smell in the house. The common causes of clogged drains are:
- Accumulation of hair, soap scum, skin flakes, and dirt in the bathroom drainpipes.
- Flushing of items that don’t disintegrate in water such as wet diaper wipes, dental floss, cotton swabs, and female hygiene products.
- Caking of oil or grease, undissolved particles like rice, and soap scum accumulation in the kitchen-sink drainpipe.
This Bradenton plumbing company uses a drain cleaning machine with cables to unclog your drain lines.
Your building is a significant investment and you do not want moisture damage occurring in it. It does not only have a negative effect on your property, but it can also affect your health. So, ensure that you get a professional plumber to inspect your plumbing systems regularly.
Leave a Reply