Financials increasing year on year for the online casino and gambling sector with slot representing the biggest increase. Read more here
UK casino and gambling business booming
If there is one industry that is booming at the moment, it is definitely the casino sector, especially online casino. Gambling industry statistics are public twice each year – in May and again in November.
This means that the most recent statistics were provided at the end of November 2018, and they certainly make interesting reading.
The statistics for the casino industry in the UK
Here are some of the key findings from the statistics that have been published by the UK Gambling Commission:
- There are 181,309 gaming machines in Great Britain. This represents a 0.5 per cent decrease when compared with April 2016 – 2017.
- There are 152 casinos in Great Britain. This means that one more casino has opened since March 2018.
- There are 644 bingo premises in the country. This means that there has been a 1.7 percent decrease from March 2018.
- There are 8,406 betting shops in Great Britain. This represents another small decrease of 1.8 percent since March 2018.
- 37.3% is the market share of the remote casino, bingo, and betting sector. This is a three percent increase from the year prior.
- There are 107,940 total employees in the Great Britain gambling industry at the moment. This is an 0.6 per cent increase from March 2017.
- Total Gross Gambling Yield
- The Gambling Commission also posted some statistics regarding the complete gross
gambling yield of Great Britain. This included the following:
- £2 billion GGY for the remote casino category – slots. This represents a 19.3 percent increase from the year prior.
- £5.4 billion GGY for the remote sector overall. This represents a 13.7 percent increase from the year prior.
- £14.4 billion GGY of the Great Britain gambling industry. This represents a 4.5 percent increase from the year prior.
Why are online casinos booming?
The editor of leading UK casino slots site – Spin Bonus says the main reason why online casinos are booming is because people can gamble from the comfort of their own home. This means that they do not need to go to a casino, which is something that they may not feel comfortable doing. Plus, they can gamble online at any time or day that suits them. However, it is also worth pointing out the advancements in technology over the past few years.
This means that we are now able to play games that we could never even have dreamt of playing before, with exciting features and stories. It has really enhanced the gaming experience, and this is something that is causing more and more people to gamble from home.
In summary, there is no denying that the casino sector is one that is booming at the moment. This is especially the case when it comes to the online gambling sector. The increases in total gross yield is significant when you look at the percentage difference from the year prior to now.
Join the discussion on this topic with Get Under Skeleton by visiting our contact page.
Leave a Reply