Wind chimes bring luck and positive vibes in the garden. You can feel and hear the gentle breeze at the same time when you have one of these handcrafted percussion instruments in your front yard. They are known to bring harmony and good vibes to everyone who hears them.
In many traditional cultures, different types of chimes should be used in varying locations based on the materials that they were made. An example of this is that the metallic ones should be on the north western border of the property, and there should be about eight clinkers for good luck. The materials made from metal that have clinkers may bring bad luck, so it’s best to avoid them.
The wooden clinkers should also be placed on the south eastern or eastern part of a house. There are similar rules that you can check with a traditional Chinese Feng Shui to attract many good vibes in your garden. Before you can purchase wind chimes for your garden, you should read an in-depth guide provided. You will have more ideas on the decors that go best with your landscaping and the types of materials that you need in your backyard.
What to Look For
Choose a Chime that Will Add a Classy Addition to your Garden
Certain wind chimes sound like bells. They are painted by hand, and the fine craftsmanship will make it more of a decoration for your backyard. They will provide you with the C-scale sound all summer long, and you could use an ambiance, especially if you are sitting alone on your trusty lounge chair and watching the birds. The rich and deep tones will cancel out lawnmowers’ noise, and their appearance will be a delight for you and your family.
Have Ones that Create a Calm Atmosphere
You won’t have to spend the extra bucks when you want a calmer atmosphere in your yard. You can get a budget-friendly outdoor wind chime that will offer you a tune in E major. You can know more about the E major on this site here. Some of them are made from a combination of aluminum and beechwood, and it provides sweet and relaxing clinks that you won’t seem to find in other ones.
The e-major is considered the pentatonic scale, and it includes C#, B, G# F#, and E, and the result is a soft and rich melody. They are perfect for afternoon naps where you can relax under the sun. You can read a book and let them tickle your senses, or you can share a drink with your loved ones at the back porch and listen to the soft melodies of the wind.
A Zen Choice is a Must
For those who consider their gardens to be places of paradise, larger chimes with bronzed finish can be the ideal choice for them. Some varieties provide serenity and peace to its listeners. Others were made from sustainable and eco-friendly materials that are great for inside and outside use. Some play familiar tunes like the special notes of Amazing Grace in distinct metallic sounds. The zen environment will give you a relaxing feeling in the afternoons.
Copper Jade is an Option
For many houses in the cities, they often live close to their neighbors. With this said, the copper jade wind chimes are great options when you want to hear a mellower sound. The tubes are pleasing to the ears, and the jade accessories catch the wind’s sound. It denotes balance, wisdom, and peace that you may have been craving for a long time.
Relax with a Wind Chime in your Garden
You may prefer the hollow sounds of bamboo or the soft tinkling of steel to the breeze. Whichever is the case, you can always relax on your reclining chair, a drink in hand, and hear the sounds of wind chimes around you. They are bringers of good fortune, and they can add a visually aesthetic appeal to the garden.
There is a range of materials available that you can choose from. Some are made from copper, steel, and bronze. Read more about why chimes are made of steel here: https://www.quora.com/Why-are-wind-chimes-made-of-metal-and-not-wood. Choose the ones that are durable, beautiful, and with a relaxing sound. It’s time to relax from work and stress with the help of an afternoon tea and the beautiful tinkling of the chimes. Make the most of your garden with these handcrafted accessories.
Tips in Choosing Wind Chimes
- You should look for the number of tubes to determine the notes that a chime can make. Different tubes create a variety of sounds, and they are all in harmony with each other. Choose the ones that have six to eight tubes as they are known to bring good luck. Fewer ones will make for well-tuned clinks.
- The finish will only affect the decorative aspect of the wind chimes. However, choosing the best ones with high-quality finishes plays an essential role in making the garden more pleasing to the eye.
- The length of the tubes determines the depth and tone of the sound. It is crucial to choose the longer ones that will create fuller and lower-pitched tones. These are the ones that are generally pleasing to the ears.
- The clapper is the piece that comes in contact with the steel or copper tubes. You need a wind chime with a carefully calculated clapper to produce the best sound possible.
- The size of the windcatcher or sail hanging on the tubes will determine the air needed for the chimes to make a sound. The chimes are designed to produce ten mph breezes, and the less the sail weights, the more it will likely produce sounds.
A Final Word
These are just the tips on why and how to choose the right wind chimes for your property. You can always get these pleasing garden additions on many online shops or visit your local stores to hear how each of them will sound. You can chat with support to know more about what you should be looking for when getting one for your garden.
Leave a Reply