For many women, dainty solitaire is the most precious piece of jewellery. It serves as a perpetual reminder of the deep commitment they are about to step into. Although the cookie-cutter design remains a fan favourite, we can spot examples of unusual rings more and more frequently in 2022. Starting from the shape of a gem and ending with the shade of a metal – modern couples aren’t afraid to experiment with every detail. The recent trend, however, got everyone stunned. Have you already heard about wide engagement rings?
What Are Wide Engagement Rings?
GS Diamonds explains that a wide engagement band is any band with more than 2.5 MM width. Compared to a thin, elegant ring, it has a more distinct and powerful look. Seeing that women enjoy exploring men’s outfits and borrowing separate elements now and then, it’s no surprise the same shift happened in the jewellery industry. If in the past bulky bands were treated as the symbol of masculinity and prosperity, today they represent diversity and uniqueness.
Why Are the Chunky Rings – the Talk of the Town?
- They offer room for personalisation. An extended surface allows you to accommodate as many sparkly diamonds as your soul desires. You can order an original colourful combo or shimmering silver brilliance, interweave diverse shapes and see how they work out. Basically, your options are limitless. Play the cards right and create a harmonised image.
- They are a perfect fit for people who prefer understated jewellery. The plain wide shank without any adornments isn’t lacking in appearance. If anything, it is chic. A dream come true for conservators and minimalists.
- They are the golden standard of comfort and practicality. The thinner the band, the more likely it is to cause rubbing. Bulky engagement rings cover a broader area and almost merge with a finger. Trust us, half the time, you won’t even know a band is there.
- They are characterised by enhanced durability and hardness. Thicker bands provide solid protection from chipping, scratching and cracking. The extended metal layer gives additional support for the centrepiece and accent gems. You can purchase the otherwise risky paves and halos without the fear of losing a few stones. In addition, wide rings can endure more pressure, e.g. they won’t bend or buckle during everyday activities, making them an ideal gift for people with active lifestyles and hands-on jobs.
- They constitute a flexible foundation for a bride’s stack. You can complement a thick band with any wedding or eternity ring, and it will look great with both vintage and contemporary settings. Not to mention, picking a befitting outfit is tons easier with a bright accessory.
With growing popularity, there are more alluring items on the internet than ever. Although wide engagement rings come in various mountings, the fascinating ones are bezels, solitaires and paves. They draw attention with their originality, spiciness and symbolism. See for yourself and browse through the vast assortment of our partner’s stores. Magnificent collections like Alta, Signet and Jana Jade will knock your socks off. There is no better place to hunt for a diamond engagement ring in Brisbane.
Considerable Width Paired with the According Cut
Although no particular cut fits better wide bands, the most popular options include princess, oval, emerald, round and radiant. While selecting a brilliant, it’s also essential to consider the stone-to-metal ratio; You’d want to opt for a larger size for the gems not to get lost in the ensemble. If you have any doubts or concerns, you can always contact a jeweller and ask for a professional opinion.